What they don’t tell you about blogging, especially if your lucky enough to be on WordPress like I am, is you join a community. We support each other, and find people who inspire and motivate us. One of our favorite ways to support each other is through blog awards. I feel incredibly honored to be given “The Lovely Blog Award” by Ashli Ferguson at Please, This Was Meant To Be. I have followed this blog for awhile now. Her blog is like the sister I wish I had! So thank you, big sister who didn’t know I dug her this much and probably thinks I’m crazy!
Here’s how the Lovely Blog Award works:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers at the most, 3 at the least if you don’t have enough time for 15, and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
What a lovely way to get to know each other, and find new blogs!
So, seven facts about me? These are always tough. I’m never sure what you will know, since I’m a pretty open person. Too open most of the time, if you want to be honest about it. Let’s give this a try, anyway.
- I choreographed a line dance! Yes, I am not just a line dancer, I am also an inspiring line dance choreographer. I still get a little misty eyed when I see a bar full of people doing my “That Bass” dance. Here’s my instructional video. 🙂
- I used to lecture about astronomy! In high school I used to volunteer at a local obvseratory, which is ran by the one of the state universities. I would introduce people to the telescopes, and explain how scientists used them to discover the wonders of the universe. Not bad a high school volunteer gig, eh?
- I’m a WoW nerd. For those who don’t know, WoW stands for World of Warcraft which is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. I, however, also do not play retail so I have not played the new expansion yet. It will come, though. As you have probably read, I have a few things on my plate as of late.
- I am a waterfall hunter. Specifically, I hunt waterfalls in my State of Oregon. I’m guessing this isn’t actually unknown, as I talk about it a lot. What, you might not know if I didn’t even visit my first waterfall until almost two years ago. Well, if I did I don’t remember it. Tumalo Falls was my first was a real turning point in my life and my journey. (Read about it, here.)
- I love cursing. I used to say that people who used vulgar language came across as lacking in an expansive vocabulary. And, to some extend I believe it. But now that I’m older (30… ha) I’m starting to appreciate the proper placement of a good “fuck” now and then. And “shit.” Don’t forget “damn.” Just call me the queen of colorful metaphors.
- I started a book club! The first thing you really should know about this, is I didn’t learn to enjoy reading as a recreational activity until about two years ago. Then my friend (who swears she didn’t but she did) would not stop hounding me about reading the Hunger Games. (Was it the hunger games? Now I’m not sure which series it was.) Once I read them, I was hooked. And, my book shelves have never been bare sense.
- So, this is really #6 part duex, but I’m a rule breaker. My book club combines my love of reading and my love of #5’s colorful metaphors. It is called the Mother Fucking Book Club. We read good shit. Just sayin’.
So, there are 7 things you might not have known about me. Though, if you know me at all, then you would know I have no secrets really. I don’t have a poker face. Some might call my transparency a flaw, but I enjoy it. It gives me less to worry about, being authentic all the time. Even if it does get me into trouble.
Now, onto my nominations for The Lovely Blog Award!
Faturdaynightlive – I have started following this blog recently, and am in love!
Fit Is A Feminist Issue – This is a great one!
Fattitude – Another great Body Positive read!
Foodeewithabootee – I’m going to admit, I am biased here. She is one my favorite people in the world! Hands down! Her journey is about motherhood, and food, and life.
My Big Fat Lesbian Divorce (and other tales of a former lesbian) – Again, I’ll fess up to being slightly bias. How this woman and I met is would be entire blog in itself. It’s a story of two women bonding over a douchebag. And, let’s be real, is there a better way for two women to met and bond? This blog is some real life stuff, and worth the follow.
That should about cover it for now. I’ll be honest, I should be doing other things…. most notably cleaning. But, I truly appreciate the distraction and excuse to do something else for awhile. Much love to you all!