Pinterest is amazing. About the time you think you have your life together and our on the right track. Pinterest is there to slap you down and call you a dirty, unorganized, piece of …..
Okay, vent over.
I found a pin on pinterest a couple weeks ago with 9 easy tips for weight loss. The pin is for back on pointe, and just takes you to the blog. If you want the pin, here’s the link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/113012271875397547/
1. Drink one glass of ice cold water every hour
2. Drink 3 cups of green tea daily…. metabolism
3. Take vitamins daily with good
4. Do aerobics until you want to faint
5. Use smaller plates… looks like you ate more
6. Chew each bite of food thoroughly
7. Sleep at least six hours a day. If you get less than six this can lower your metabolism by 15%.
8. Keep track of everything you eat.
9. Keep good posture, burns 10% more calories when you sit up straight.
Most of this I can somehow incorporate into my life. I’m already activity working on the first two. And, I feel like I’m seeing a difference. I’ve been using our smaller plates for the most part already. I could totally work on chewing more. I sleep plenty (I’m spoiled by my husband and son.) My posture could use some work. I already take a vitamin. Look at all this stuff I can put a check mark by. Booya!
I don’t track my food on my myfitnesspal anymore. I really should get back to it. But I’m feeling really in the dark about how I want to eat. My focus, currently, is more on learning to good in general. I’ll get on the nutrition part of it soon.
And the aerobics thing…. ha! Okay, I probably can’t totally “ha” at that. When I go dancing I’m on the floor from 8pm to midnight-1am depending. Except for the occasional pee break, and one or two songs I end up setting out, I’m on my feet all night. Though, I never feel like I’m going to pass out. Hmm.
What I love is, for once, I have found something that gives me some smaller advice to work out. All of these things seem manageable, and other than the aerobics thing, none of it is really intimidating. It’s been a great way to refocus. And, it’s given my phone four more things to annoy the piss out of me over.